At Park Plastic Surgery in Rocky Mount, breast augmentation, or augmentation mammoplasty, involves using breast implants to increase the size of the breasts or restore breast volume that has been lost after weight loss or pregnancy. A board-certified plastic surgeon with more than 20 years of experience, Dr. Frederick K. Park offers the most up-to-date breast augmentation techniques and implants for women from Greenville, Wilson, Murfreesboro, and Weldon, NC, along with other surrounding cities.
What Does Breast Augmentation Achieve?
Breast augmentation can:
- Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
Breast implants may also be used for breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
What Doesn’t Breast Augmentation Achieve?
Breast augmentation does not correct severely drooping breasts. If you want your breasts to look fuller and to be lifted due to sagging, a breast lift may be required in conjunction with breast augmentation.
A breast lift can often be done at the same time as your augmentation or may require a separate operation. Dr. Park will discuss your options with you to determine the best approach.
Which Breast Implants Should I Choose?
Breast augmentation is about choices. Size is often the first choice considered, but there are many other important decisions to be made. Other important choices include:
- Implant shape: Round or teardrop-shaped (also called “anatomic”) implants
- Implant material: Silicone or saline
- Implant diameter: Wide or narrow width across
- Implant projection: High, moderate, or low profile
- Shell texture: Smooth or textured
- Incision location: Inframammary (in the breast crease), periareolar (around the areola), or transaxillary (in the underarm)
- Muscle coverage: Placed above the pectoral muscle (subglandular) or below the pectoral muscle (submuscular)
What Is Breast Augmentation Recovery Like?
Most women can return to work after 1 to 2 weeks following a breast augmentation. You will need to avoid vigorous exercise, especially upper body exercises, for 4 to 6 weeks.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
The cost of breast augmentation varies due to the procedure’s customizable nature. Factors such as your implant type, where you live, and your surgeon’s level of expertise can all affect your final cost. The best way to determine your pricing is to meet personally with Dr. Park for a private consultation.
To schedule an appointment at Park Plastic Surgery, please call us at (252) 888-2691. If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to learn more about the services we provide, please complete and submit our contact form.