Park Plastic Surgery: Frederick K. Park, MD, FACS
4008 Capital Drive
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Phone: (252) 937-5003
Monday: 7:45 a.m.–4 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:45 a.m.–4 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:45 a.m.–1 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Whether you want to enhance the size of naturally small breasts, restore their shapeliness and volume after having children, or have other personal reasons for considering breast augmentation, Rocky Mount board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Frederick K. Park is known for creating beautiful, natural-looking results. That’s why women seeking a breast augmentation specialist travel from Greenville, Raleigh, Durham, and surrounding areas to Park Plastic Surgery.
Featured Breast Augmentation
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
What Are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation?
Increasing breast size is only one of the benefits of getting breast implants. Breast augmentation can also:
- Improve the symmetry of noticeably uneven breasts: Few women have perfectly symmetrical breasts, but typically the difference in size is imperceptible. Breast augmentation is an excellent solution if you’re self-conscious about asymmetrical breasts.
- Restore fullness after pregnancy or other weight loss: Having children or losing significant weight can make breasts look deflated. Breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a breast lift, enhances the size and shape of your breasts.
- Enhance your confidence: If you’ve always had smaller breasts and felt insecure about your body’s appearance, breast augmentation performed by Dr. Park can boost your self-esteem with results that look natural.
- Balance body proportions: Many women feel that larger breasts suit their frame and help balance their lower body curves.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost in Rocky Mount?
The cost of breast augmentation varies from patient to patient. It depends on the type of implant you choose, the surgeon’s expertise and experience, and other factors involving your specific surgery. The best way to determine the cost of your procedure is to meet personally with Dr. Park for a private consultation.
Dr. Frederick K. Park Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
With more than 30 years of experience providing the highest quality aesthetic care at his Rocky Mount practice, Dr. Park is the choice of women and men considering plastic surgery from Greenville, Raleigh, and throughout North Carolina.Meet Dr. Frederick Park
Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift?
Breast augmentation enhances the fullness of your breasts but won’t elevate sagging breasts. Combining a breast lift with breast augmentation accomplishes both goals, usually during the same operation. Dr. Park discusses your options during the consultation and explains why combining the techniques may be the best approach.
Who Is an Ideal Breast Augmentation Candidate?
Excellent candidates for breast augmentation are women who:
- Are physically and emotionally healthy
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations about their results
If you’re considering breast augmentation to please a spouse or partner, are under 18 years old, or don’t have the time to let yourself heal after surgery, you should forgo having breast augmentation. If you are unsure, Dr. Park is happy to meet with you for a private consultation.
Dr. Park’s Approach:
My personal experience has led me to understand that the projection of the implant away from a woman’s body is most directly related to her perception of size. Although society conditions us to think of bra sizes when describing the desired results, they tend not to be the best goals to target. Because of differences in bra manufacturers and how women wear bras (some like them tighter and some looser), I find shooting for a specific bra letter is not nearly as effective as achieving the desired look. This is often closely related to the amount of projection visualized.
A proportioned, natural look is the request I most frequently hear. I accomplish these results by making correct choices and adhering to strict protocols in the operating room to prevent complications, including capsular contracture. Whatever the patient’s goals, I try to guide them toward the best choices with education and my personal experience from over 30 years of surgery.
Which Breast Implants Should I Choose?
Breast augmentation is about choices. Most patients focus on the size of implants, and Dr. Park can help guide your decision based on your aesthetic goals and the size of your body’s frame so that your results look proportional.
Other choices involving breast implants include:
- Material filling the implants: Generally, the choices are saline or silicone gel. Within the silicone category, though, are numerous options regarding the cohesiveness of the gel.
- Profile: The implant’s profile—high, moderate, or low—refers to how far they project from the chest wall.
Are Silicone or Saline Breast Implants Better?
The choice of silicone gel or saline implants depends on your personal preference. Both types of implants are round and smooth, but many patients and physicians believe silicone gel implants look and feel more like natural breasts.
Here are some other differences between the types of implants:
- Approved by FDA for women 22 and older
- Fixed volume
- Breasts look and feel natural
- No rippling
- More expensive than saline
- Rupture is difficult to confirm without an imaging scan
- Approved by FDA for women 18 and older
- The surgeon adjusts the volume after placement
- Breasts may move less naturally and feel firmer than silicone
- Visible rippling is possible
- Less expensive than silicone
- Rupture is usually obvious
In recent years, about 85% of breast augmentation patients chose silicone gel implants, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS).
What’s the Difference Between Implant Profiles?
The profile of an implant determines how far the implant projects from the chest wall. The choices vary between implant manufacturers but generally range from low, to moderate, to high. Low-profile implants are wider at the base; they have a larger diameter. High-profile implants are narrower at the base.
It’s easy for qualified patients to finance their procedures through CareCredit®, which offers attractive payment plans for women and men choosing elective cosmetic surgery or nonsurgical treatments.Learn More
Which Incision Location Is Best for Breast Augmentation?
The incision locations Dr. Park uses depend on your implant choice and personal preference. The options include:
- Inframammary: Incision made at the base of the breast in the crease where it connects to the chest wall
- Periareolar: Incision made along the lower edge of the areola
- Transaxillary: Incision made in the natural crease of the underarm
Dr. Park can insert saline implants through any incision location because he fills them after placing them. It’s difficult to insert pre-filled silicone implants through the transaxillary incision.
What Are Implant Placement Options?
After making the incisions, Dr. Park creates a space (called a pocket) for each implant in one of the following locations:
- Above the chest muscle (subglandular placement)
- Below the pectoral muscle (submuscular placement)
The most suitable option for you depends on your specific anatomy and goals.
Can You Combine Breast Augmentation With Other Procedures?
Yes. Dr. Park often combines breast augmentation with other plastic surgery procedures to give patients multiple improvements with a single surgery and recovery period. Popular options include:
This combination is often used during mommy makeover for women who want to regain their pre-pregnancy bodies.
What Is Breast Augmentation Recovery Like?
Most women can return to work and nonstrenuous activities 1 to 2 weeks after breast augmentation surgery. General recovery milestones include:
- Swelling and bruising: These typical side effects peak within 3 to 5 days of surgery and slowly dissipate for about a month.
- Pain: Expect to feel sore for the first 3 to 5 days. Most patients control discomfort with prescription pain medication during this time.
- Incisions: While it’s OK to shower a day or two after surgery, avoid submerging your breasts in water, such as a bath, hot tub, or swimming pool, until the incisions are closed.
- Surgical bra: Wearing a special compression bra 24/7 minimizes swelling and supports your breasts as they heal.
- Exercise: You must avoid vigorous exercise, especially upper body exercises, for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Sexual activity: Hold off on sexual activity for at least the first week after your procedure, then be careful with your breasts for a few more weeks.
- Breast appearance: Your breasts will sit high and feel tight for the first 6 to 8 weeks until the swelling reduces, the muscle and skin relax, and your implants settle into their final beautiful shape and natural placement.
Remember that patient experiences vary; contact our office if you have any questions or concerns during recovery.
What Is Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery?
Dr. Park performs either corrective or elective revision breast augmentation surgery to:
- Address complications, such as capsular contracture
- Improve unsatisfactory results created by another surgeon
- Replace breast implants that are old or have ruptured
- Exchange implants for a different size or fill material
It’s not uncommon for patients to have multiple reasons for revision surgery. Dr. Park has the experience and skill to help patients have beautiful, natural-looking breasts by addressing their unique needs and concerns.
Breast Augmentation FAQ
Is breast augmentation surgery safe?
Yes, when performed by an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in a certified surgical facility on a carefully screened patient.
Is there a difference between breast augmentation surgery and breast implants?
Yes. Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that involves placing breast implants inside the breasts to increase their size and change their shape.
Can I still breastfeed after getting breast implants?
Breast implants typically do not compromise the ability of patients to breastfeed. It’s important to tell Dr. Park about your desire to breastfeed so he can avoid the milk glands and associated nerves during the surgery.
Will anyone be able to tell that my breasts aren’t natural?
Dr. Park takes pride in providing natural-looking breast augmentation results by carefully choosing implant size, concealing the incisions, and offering silicone gel implants.
How painful is breast enhancement surgery?
While individual pain tolerances vary, breast augmentation usually involves discomfort the first few days after surgery. Prescription pain medication is typically enough to keep patients comfortable; most stop taking it within 3 to 5 days.
Will I have a visible scar after I heal?
While all surgeries leave a scar, breast augmentation scars are usually very thin and fade from red to pinkish-white within about a year after surgery.
When should I consider replacing my implants?
If your breast implants rupture or leak, they should be replaced. If you would like a different size or fill material, you can have your implants replaced during an elective implant exchange. If you do not have any concerns, there is no need to have your breast implants replaced.