The loss of youthful contours in the face can be due to a variety of factors, including the natural aging process, heredity, gravity, environmental conditions, and stress. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Frederick K. Park performs facelift surgery for women and men from Greenville, Wilson, Murfreesboro, and Weldon, NC, and other surrounding communities who want to rejuvenate their appearance while looking natural.
What Is a Facelift?
- Sagging in the middle of the face
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Nasolabial folds that form along the nose extending to the corners of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or disappeared
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face that creates jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw that can give a person of even normal weight the appearance of a double chin
What Does a Facelift Cost in Rocky Mount, NC?
The cost of a facelift varies according to the surgical technique used, your unique goals and needs, and various other factors. We will provide you with a specific price quote after you have discussed your procedure with Dr. Park.
What a Facelift Won’t Do
As a restorative surgery, a facelift does not change your fundamental appearance and cannot stop the aging process.
A facelift can only be performed surgically; non-surgical rejuvenation treatments cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time at which a facelift becomes appropriate and complement the results of surgery.
Can a Facelift Be Combined With Other Procedures?
For a more dramatic transformation, many people choose to combine their facelift surgery with procedures that rejuvenate the upper face, such as upper or lower eyelid surgery. Other procedures that complement a facelift are a brow lift to correct a sagging or deeply furrowed brow and laser skin treatments that improve the texture and tone of the skin.
Facelift vs. Mini Facelift Surgery
A facelift tightens lax skin and muscle on the lower two-thirds of the face and the neck. A mini or short-scar facelift, on the other hand, is a less extensive technique that usually improves minor sagging on the lower face and upper neck. A mini facelift incision is smaller than a facelift incision, and it’s best for people with early signs of aging and minimal sagging. A full facelift is better for those with more extensive skin laxity, jowling, and aging.
Recovery After Facelift Surgery
Most men and women can return to nonstrenuous work 1 to 2 weeks after a facelift. While each recovery is unique to the individual, some normal recovery milestones include:
- Swelling and bruising: These common aftereffects are most intense 2 to 4 days after surgery. They will gradually subside over the next few weeks, but some swelling may still be present for 1 to 2 months.
- Pain: Your face will feel sore and tight after a facelift, and these sensations will peak about 2 to 4 days post-op. Pain medication helps manage the discomfort.
- Showering: You should be able to resume bathing and washing your hair the second day after surgery.
- Exercise: You are encouraged to gently walk around your house as soon as you feel able, but you should postpone vigorous exercise for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Makeup: You can resume wearing makeup 10 to 14 days after surgery, but be gentle with the application.
- Incisions: Keep your face and incisions out of direct sunlight. If you go outside, wear a wide-brimmed hat to shade your face. Once your incisions have healed, apply sunscreen with at least 30 SPF to protect your incisions.
- Sleeping: Sleep with your head elevated for the first 2 to 3 weeks to minimize swelling.
If you have any questions or concerns about your facelift recovery, be sure to contact our office.
Facelift Surgery FAQ
How much younger will I look after surgery?
Although each individual has a unique experience, most people feel they look around 10 years younger after facelift surgery.
What’s the best age for a facelift?
Every person ages differently, so there’s no perfect age for facelift surgery. The best time for a facelift is when you decide you’re ready to address signs of aging such as sagging jowls and wrinkled skin or when nonsurgical options no longer provide the rejuvenation you want.
Are there any nonsurgical alternatives to facelift surgery?
BOTOX®, dermal fillers, and laser skin resurfacing address mild to moderate signs of aging on the face. The combination of BOTOX and dermal fillers is sometimes called a liquid facelift because it can smooth many types of wrinkles and restore volume to hollowed areas of the face. These treatments are temporary, however, and require regular touch-up treatments to maintain a more youthful look. They generally cannot address more significant signs of aging.
Is the procedure painful?
You will be given an anesthetic before the surgery so you won’t feel anything during your facelift. Afterward, you may feel mild to moderate pain for a few days that is easily managed with pain medication.
Will my results look natural?
Dr. Park uses advanced facelift surgery techniques that give your face a naturally refreshed look. You should still look like you, just a younger version of yourself.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Park at Park Plastic Surgery, please call us at (252) 888-2691. If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to learn more about the services we provide, please complete and submit our contact form.