Dr. Park’s Approach:
“There are several options in approaching a Brow Lift. Small improvements in raising the brow position can be made through an upper eyelid incision during a Blepharoplasty.
For brows that need to be lifted further, which is true for the majority of patients, incisions are often made in the upper forehead and scalp. These include a long incision at the hairline, small openings to put scopes through, and small incisions on the sides of the scalp just above the forehead. I have found all to be effective in the right patient.
A Brow Lift can also provide good access to muscles which cause forehead wrinkling and improve these as well. In some cases, it is a necessary procedure in order to raise soft tissues and skin which have sagged into the upper eyelid region when a Blepharoplasty alone is inadequate.”
What is a Brow Lift?
A Brow Lift, also known as a Forehead Lift:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a Brow Lift include:
- Upper and/or lower eyelid tucks
- Skin resurfacing techniques