Dr. Park’s Approach:
“Nasal surgery is one of the more complex procedures in plastic surgery. Each nose can be very different in terms of its own structure and the procedures it requires to achieve the patient’s goals. Work can be done on the bone, the nasal cartilages and the skin complex which covers the framework. Based on the beginning structure of the nose, it is not possible to safely achieve all possible shapes and sizes. The important thing is to remember to keep the original structures and attributes of the nose in mind and to change those structures which can be altered safely.”
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, or Nose Surgery, enhances facial harmony and the proportions of your nose. Nose Surgery can change:
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry
If you desire a more symmetrical nose, keep in mind that everyone’s face is asymmetric to some degree. Results may not be completely symmetric, although the goal is to create facial balance and correct proportion.